Winning the race to bring new healthcare products safely to market drives Rapid Micro Biosystems (RMB) to combine today’s innovative technologies as never before. Your career at RMB puts you at the center of diverse global teams that span robotics, AI, Machine Learning, imaging, microbiology, and more, re-shaping how urgently needed pharmaceuticals are made, tested, and released for decades to come. The sky’s the limit.
Careers at RMB are fast-moving, with the high growth you’d expect from a world leader in microbiology automation. Advancement at RMB affords an opportunity to achieve your personal goals and develop your passions, in an inclusive environment where every employee has the resources and opportunities to hone their skills. You’ll do more, learn more, and can make a profound impact on our business.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop technical solutions, investigate competing technologies while considering the patent landscape, and protect engineering solutions
- Support the requirements development and management process, incorporating risk management elements as required
- Creating 3D models and 2D drawings using SolidWorks to bring technologies to life
- Understands the importance of capturing design inputs and outputs and has a product quality mindset.
- Implement product design to optimize the design for manufacturability and testability.
- Excellent DOE and problem-solving skills, including structured approaches
- Participate in technical project execution activities and the development of statistically sound design verification protocols/reports, design validation, and delivery system qualification activities.
- Provide project and technical stewardship as it relates to New Product Development across functional teams, including external partners for projects through conceptualization, development, product registration, and commercialization.
- Establish and foster strong collaborative relationships with internal and external design/development partners, manufacturing partners, and service providers.
- Provide critique and design guidance to ensure proper implementation and traceability of design outputs as compared to design inputs.
- Prepare BOMs, assembly drawings, and procedures as needed.
- Good presentation, documentation, and communication skills
- Consider the Cost of Goods and lifecycle when selecting components for device designs.
- Provide technical support to Commercial for technical brochures, training programs, and technical presentations to customers and the sales force.
- Maintain knowledge of technical product landscape, competitive products, and procedural trends for target procedural areas.
- Provide technical assistance during fabrication and assembly manufacturing processes.
- Work with the Project management to plan projects and meet schedule commitments.
- Identify project risks and develop risk mitigation plans
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Software, or Systems Engineering
- 8 – 10+ years of engineering and experience in R&D/Product Development
- Proficient in requirements management.
- Expertise in developing complex systems.
- Expertise in Design Controls and systems development of devices in a regulated industry
- Experience creating 3D models and 2D drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Proficient with the creation and critical review of engineering drawings and specification documentation.
- Ability to design and layout individual parts and assemblies as part of a larger design.
- Experience with robotics, optics, and digital image capture & processing is desirable.
- Experience with both consumables and lab products is desireable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows environment including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Project
- Able to solve complex problems and provide guidance to other engineers.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing. Strong presentation skills and the ability to influence.
- Inspires and motivates others and provides work direction.
- Comfortable working as part of a multidisciplinary project team
- Experience with structured requirements tracking and PLM tools desired – Jama, Agile, or equivalents
- Comfortable performing/overseeing bench-level testing of experiments
- Proactive, not reactive – put time into planning and thinking projects through before executing
- High personal accountability
- Welcomes input and feedback from both inside and outside the new product development group, including marketing, engineering, manufacturing and sales
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Primarily in an office and lab setting with occasional manufacturing area.
- Sitting and standing using computers along with being in manufacturing areas and working with some tools.
- Some travel required <10%
- Ability to work nights and weekends on occasion to meet critical deadlines
ABOUT RAPID MICRO BIOSYSTEMS:
Rapid Micro Biosystems creates, sells, validates, and services innovative products for fast, accurate, and efficient detection of microbial contamination in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, biologics, biotechnology products, medical devices, and personal care products.
The company’s Growth Direct™—the first and only growth-based system to automate rapid compendial QC Micro testing—ensures data integrity, compliance, and operational efficiencies driven by rapid methods and automation.
Rapid Micro Biosystems is dedicated to providing groundbreaking technology and products to support companies in their journey to achieve greater reliability, efficiency, and better predictability, ultimately providing higher quality products for improved patient outcomes.
Rapid Micro Biosystems is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts. Our research & development, and manufacturing operations are located in Lowell, Massachusetts. Additionally, we maintain field offices in Freising, Germany; Switzerland, and Singapore.
Rapid Micro Biosystems is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Rapid Micro Biosystems discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.
No phone calls or agencies, please.